Our purpose is to provide a peaceful sanctuary that will enrich and educate the lives of children.
Our task is to gently guide them through their intellectual, artistic and physical journey of self-discovery and relevant knowledge.
Our objective is to balance structure, freedom of choice and social responsibility.
Our goal is to graduate children who love to learn and do it well.
- in the progressive vision of education because it respects the child as a valuable, thinking human being, capable of making contributions to society.
- that it is an educator’s responsibility to understand the child’s reality and keep the learning relevant for their world.
- in the multiage environment that reflects real community life while accommodating different learning styles, abilities and interests.
- in creating an atmosphere where all children want to read, write, calculate, question, analyze, predict and come up with their own ideas. They will build respectful and trusting relationships in a safe environment that encourages democracy and decision making.
- in integrating the arts and sciences into all subjects thus allowing the student to better understand themselves and the world around them.
- in authentic individual assessment that highlights achievements and progress both inside and outside the school arena.
- that education need not be stressful but instead an ever-reaching adventure into what inspires us. Raising thinkers and creators takes time and should never be rushed.